Let’s play word association.
If I say the word MAGIC, what are the first words that spring to mind?
Harry Potter?or Aleister Crowley?
Tommy Cooper? or Derren Brown?
David Copperfield?or Paul Daniels?
I’ve always been fascinated by magic of all kinds from conjuring and sleight of hand to the kind of ceremonial magic you read about in Dion Fortune and others. I am drawn to the magical even when I know it’s a matter of smoke and mirrors. The child in me adores it.
But there’s another kind of magic that I crave and its the subtle kind that hardly seems to deserve the word.
I’m talking about serendipity and synchronicity. The happy accidents, the weird coincidences. Probably one day they will all be explained and something for me will wither and die. I like the idea that there are always surprises around the next bend in the road and that they are often(but not always) nice ones.
Einstein once said that coincidences are God’s way of staying anonymous, which I like because it makes God seem like a real gentleman! But it’s these coincidences that make life magical when the other sorts of magic have lost their charm and power.
January 17, 2009 - Posted by Viv | Cafe Literati, friends, fun, God in our life, life, love, personal, Proverbs and Sayings, religion, Viv's Short Stories | conjuring, David Copperfield, Einstein, God, Harry Potter, magic, magical, serendipity, synchronicity
13 Comments »
About Café Crem
Hello Boys & Girls from around the World!
Fancy a coffee with us?
Café Crem was created by Miki and Kev Moore in 2007 with the intention of gathering like-minded artists, writers and musicians together around the coffee table to discuss and share thoughts, ideas, art, etc.
This initial desire has surpassed our wildest dreams with a myriad of collaborations taking place between the various members, creating pieces of work that simply would not exist without Café Crem.
Have a wander though in our different rooms:
“Cafe Literati”, the Literary Room
“Café L’Arte”, the Art Gallery
“Ca’ Puccini”, the Music Studio
and, last but not least,
“The MiniBar”, our creative space for our kids and teens!
You are all welcome.
Contact Miki at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to participate!
Cafe Crem’s Video of The Month
The Flamencoscapes by Miki
Download Kev’s solo album FOR FREE!!
- 338,001 hits
- Long time no see
- Love Mugs
- The Irina Bloom Mug
- RETRO REVIEW: Mother’s Finest’s ‘Meta-Funk’n-Physical’ (2003)
- How cool is this? – The Mother’s Finest kickstarter project – 10 days to go!
- Okay….so for a brief shining period, WE were a Power Trio!
- The Return of the Power Trio
- Mother’s Finest – The Kickstarter campaign
- Intensity in Tent City – Leyendas del Rock 2013
- Bettye and Shuggie in San Javier
- A Tale of Two Festivals – Part Four: The Cazorla Blues Festival
- A Tale of Two Festivals – Part Three: Cazorla Blues Festival continued….
- A Tale of Two Festivals – Part Two: The Cazorla Blues Festival
- A Tale of Two Festivals – Part One: Sun Valley Metalfest, Gallio, Italy
- Axe to Grind from Witch Cross – now streaming live for a limited time!!
Site infoCafé Crem
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.